20 October 2010

{TROUBLE}

Have I ever stated before how much trouble we are in as parents? If not let me state for the record that Ryan and I are in BIG TROUBLE!! Not because we have done anything wrong. Well I guess you could get technical and tell us that it is our fault because we procreated, but we were just following a commandment you see. Our oldest daughter is going to put us in an early grave if she continues to grow-up at the rate in which she dearly wants too. She wants so badly to be older and she wants all that goes with that entitlement of age. She has on more than one occasion stated she can't wait until she gets to wear a bra and just today she begged me to wear REAL high heel shoes, because other 1st graders were wearing them. While I was getting ready this morning she oohed and ahhhed over the makeup and how fun it is. Then she proceeded to put just a "little sparkle" on her lips (thankfully just lipgloss). Heaven help me!!!
This morning while cleaning the bookshelves, which by the way don't look like I touched them at all, I found this treasure. Written and illustrated by my dear girl it chronicles her oh so special nuptials. I am hoping because she doesn't yet know how to spell "married" that she won't be allowed to get an actual "marriage" license. EVER.
I really don't know whether to be frightened as I look at my future son-in-law or not. I mean does he really have only one eye or is that the only one we can see? His hair cut would lead me to believe that perhaps he is military, so she must be impressed with a guy in uniform. My dearest daughter does look beautiful in her bridal gown and her veil and thankfully the dress is modest. Her other job besides growing up too fast is the Modesty Marshall of our home.
What a love story that is I am sure. I should have her translate so I can actually know how this shindig goes down. If I know who to look out for then maybe, just maybe I can cause a diversion and none of this would ever happen. I am NOT ready for my sweet girl to be growing up just yet. She makes me laugh and cry over my grey hair everyday. Thankfully in stark contrast to "I can't wait to grow up" Meysa, Lauryn has officially decided that she doesn't want to grow up at all so maybe they will balance each other out. Please pray for us!!

7 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

One blessing is that she IS the oldest daughter in your family, so you will be able to control a bit more at which pace she does try and grow up. I was the EXACT same way even at her age. But I had older sisters that I could sneak make-up and other big girl things from. I even "borrowed" my sisters training bra when she was in 6th grade and I wore it to school. Mind you, I was only in 2nd grade at that point. So, Meysa is a girl after my same heart. Bless your heart though. That has to be a bit scary as a parent! She is such a good girl though with such a good example for a mother, you have nothing to worry about.

Tripple family said...

Are there any power boxes nearby-- you might want to warn them...... WE know things can happen.... :)

I laughed hard! Luv you sis! give you kids kisses for me....

Frasier Family said...

Oh thank heavens I only have boys! But it might be MY BOY that some little girl writes about one day! Yikes! :)

Teresa / Andy said...

Haha! You have to wonder just when she made this book that's been hiding away on the shelf. Lovely illustrations :) And, I certainly wouldn't worry. At that age, I think I was playing Pretend with my sisters and it often involved one of us getting married to an imaginary someone at the ottoman "altar". By the time we were teenagers, we wanted nothing to do with that!! And, it took some mighty fine fellows to talk us back into it again :)

Odd Family said...

Okay so when I first read her picture I wasn't sure who wrote it at that point, and I thought it was trying to say " How I got murdered book". HA! So I am so happy to hear that its the, "How I got married book". So funny!!

Crooked H Ranch said...

Ha, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. All those things you thought you got away with when you were growing up, will come home to roost. Thank goodness you were such a sweet kid, it'll show up in blessings. Now about your husband's shinanigans, you will soon be finding out what he tried to sweep under the rug. Have fun! Aunt Tammie

Colton said...

How I got murdered would definitely be more creepy. But overall, THAT.IS.HILARIOUS!