15 October 2010

{Retreat}

This last weekend Ryan and I got to get away for a night, just us. Well actually there were a few other people there I guess. It was the first annual resident retreat for Ryan's residency. So technically we were not alone but for just one night I didn't have to put kids to bed and I didn't have to make dinner or stop eating my dinner to clean up a spill or get ketchup for anyone. And best of all I got to sleep IN the next day. It didn't hurt that we were in a beautiful place and with fun people. We headed up to Hood Canal to a little retreat place called St. Andrew's House which was this quaint 1920's log cabin. We got to sleep in bunk beds and had really delicious food made for us by a really nice guy.
This is the resident spider that had made his/her little home right outside the front door. I don't know what kind of spider he/she is but he/she is BIG.
The director of St. Andrew's house mentioned that we had waterfront access and a really nice beach across the street. Well we went in search of the beach access shortly after arriving. This is what we found. I am not sure I would call this waterfront access.
The next morning before heading back home the group drove over to Doosewillips State Park to do a little hike. It ended up being really nice with some pretty scenery to look at. Fall is my favorite season and seeing all the fall foliage made my heart very happy!!
I have to thank my niece Abby for watching the kids so we could go off for the night. I really enjoyed getting away with my hubby too for some kid free time. Not that I don't love my kids, I do but it is nice to be just him and I, if only for 24 hrs.

5 comments:

Odd Family said...

I am so glad you and your hubby got some alone time. Thats just the best!! Looks like a beautiful place to visit.:)

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

You do need that time and so glad you got away. Maybe we can arrange for Grandma and Papa to send you away for a weekend???? My favorite season is fall, too! Can't wait to go take pictures tomorrow!

RR said...

Love the pictures!

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Nothing like a little alone time with the hubby sans children! Can I get a WOOT WOOT sistas!!! :o) Glad you had a great time! The place looks gorgeous! Beautiful pics too! You are an incredible photographer!

Coleman Family said...

What a great get-a-way!