So the kids started school and they are loving it. Lauryn LOVES her preschool and has a hard time grasping the fact that she only goes MWF instead of everyday. She is quiet but confident. She doesn't hesitate to go into school like some of the other kids do but she is not loud like some of them either. Lauryn is also our scripture sheriff each morning and makes sure we read before going off to school. Meysa is relishing the all day schedule she gets to have this year. She has lost another tooth and can't wait for more to fall out. Meysa's hair is more than long enough to cut and donate to Locks of Love, which was the plan but now that it is long she doesn't want to cut it. I don't blame her, it is really beautiful. We'll see if she ever does it. Ayden, well you all know he is loving football and their team is undefeated. He is also learning life's hard lessons about not telling Mom where he is going and so on. It is going to be a long week of grounding for him, for a second time. Hopefully it will click in his little brain and he won't do it again. Wyatt is a little jabber box and there are seriously some times when I want to put a muzzle on the kid. He is putting 2-3 words together and then repeats them over and over, even if you acknowledge the garbage truck that he saw 3 or four times. He is growing up and becoming a little man. He loves his train set and is finally sitting still long enough for me to read a book to him.
Ryan is busy at work and just finished his first of four- three month rotations. He only has 9 months left of residency and then it is off to fellowship. Speaking of fellowship, this last Wednesday was the deadline to submit our rank lists for the national match for Ryan's REI fellowship. On the 13th of this month we find out where we will be headed to next June. My gut is telling me we will be on the opposite side of the country. What an adventure that will be!!
As for me, I am busy with kids, kids and more kids. I feel like I am finally getting the hang of my calling, but really can't wait until the end of October to be here and gone (the primary program is the 24th). There are little things here and there that I am doing for myself such as taking free classes online to getting better acquainted with my photoshop, finishing up my blog book for Hawaii (it was almost a year ago), taking pictures here and there and learning what I like and don't like, finding my own style. I have realized I really need to do little things for just me so that I don't go crazy and feel like I am getting lost in everyone else's life. Life is busy, life is good.
4 comments:
WHAT??!?!? am i reading this right.. grounded for a week again. call me!! Cayden is going to be soooooo sad.......or maybe me too!! :) loved reading about everything.
I know what you mean about not blogging unless you have pictures, but I liked hearing about what is going on, even if there aren't any pics to go along with it. :)
Glad everything is going well...and that you are having Aimee time, good for you!
We just had our primary program yesterday. I feel for you I was having stress dreams a whole week before...and I am not the Pres. I cant believe that 9 more months to the next chapter!! I am excited to see where you guys end up!
Post a Comment