30 August 2007

"I can feed myself!!!"


Lauryn has hit the "I can feed myself" stage. She has been feeding herself non messy things for forever but now has asserted herself with EVERYTHING. Not that I mind much I don't have to stand there and hand feed her, but one thingn Lauryn is not, is tidy. She is a pig pen, we put her in the kitchen to eat while we are all in the dining room because she had the stage where she flung everything off the tray and thought it was hilarious. This is from this morning. We had oatmeal which she loves. She literally shovels it in handfuls at a time. She is provided with a spoon but chooses not to use it, hands are better. I have had to start putting a kitchen towel on her because the other bibs were just not cutting it. Food would still leak down between her and the tray and get all over her legs. Notice the oatmeal in the hair. Happens every morning!! Crazy kid-

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I miss watching her in RS...digging through your purse a million times, going after the pockets she's not supposed to get into..soo curious. It's gotta get old for you, but so fun to watch for others!! hahah.

M & S Eagar said...

Oh she's a hoot! I'm still laughing! I absolutely detest cleaning high chair trays and kitchen floors after babies are done eating. GOOD LUCK! :D

Robyn said...

What a cutie! I'm also torn from liking the independence, but knowing it will be a huge mess to clean up when they are done!

*Katie May* said...

I'm not looking forward to letting Landon do that

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

What a fun stage! Dish/hand towels make the best bibs. I finally converted some of mine into bibs by adding some velcro and cutting a hole in them. It works great!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

that reminds me of some of her cousins :)