29 September 2008

Ocean Shores

We had family come over from Idaho this last weekend for Wyatt's blessing, and we decided to show them what Western Washington has to offer on a beautiful September day. We took all the youngins' and went to the coast. It was a perfect day, sunshine (rare this time of year), low 70's and a slight breeze. The kids loved it. Here they all are tallest to shortest!! If you will notice they almost blend into the sand because they are covered in half a beach worth of sand. We had to strip them all down to their skibbies before they could get into the cars, it was that bad.
This was their other favorite thing to do, Chase the Waves!!! We kept telling them to only go in as far as their ankles, but that lasted about 5 seconds. Who can resist the waves? Us older people who thought the water was entirely tooooo cold!! So they got really wet and then they....
Flew some kites. There wasn't enough wind to really keep the kites up. You had to start at the top of the beach and run toward the water, if you turned then the kites would fall. But they had a good time trying. This is Andrew (Amber's) flying it all by himself.
And here is where we collected lots and lots of sand. Lots of wet sand!!! I had to clean my washing machine after I washed the clothes twice. I also had to vacuum out my dryer because of all the sand collected.
What a perfect day to spend a Saturday!!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

So Fun!! I loce the beach, but I'm with you, too cold. It has to be August in Mexico for me to get into the water.

*Katie May* said...

looks like they had lots of fun