14 August 2009

In Portland for the Day

This is the beautiful temple that Ryan and I were sealed in 10 years ago. So we thought for our anniversary we would go back to do a session at the temple. What a perfect way to celebrate your marriage right? We had it all worked out with Ryan's mom, she would come and take the kid and then we could go. Well the week before we were planning on going, we looked on the church's website to see when the sessions started on the weekends and sadly the temple was closed for cleaning and maintenance. Seriously!! Well we thought we could still meet his mom at the temple and at least take pictures on the grounds and then go and do something fun in Portland. So that is what we did. They had the grounds closed off so we only got pictures right in front but it was nice to at least go there and remember how beautiful the temple is and how blessed we are as a family to be sealed for eternity!!

We didn't have these FOUR rugrats 10 years ago!!! They are such a blessing in my life. They keep me grounded and they keep me humble to say the least!!
So onto the Zoo we went. Everyone else had the same idea we did. The lane getting off the freeway to the zoo was backed up for what seemed like forever. So we got off one exit earlier and took the shuttle. There wasn't any parking at the Zoo anyways. It was much less of a headache doing it that way!! The kids were excited to see the animals but I think they were much more excited to be with Grandma Margaret and Papa Greg!! The zoo was their treat for our anniversary!! It was fun playing with the new camera (as you will see later on).
This was one of two bald eagles that the zoo had. Really some magnificent birds.
Wyatt was bummed because we left this binkie in the car back at the shuttle place and he really needed a nap. He didn't get one but we kept him somewhat entertained with all the animals to look at.
The girls loved driving the tractor at the old homestead part of the zoo.
Ayden looks less than thrilled, but he had fun too. The whole day I couldn't keep him focused when I wanted him to look at the camera!!
The elephants were fun. There was a new baby elephant that I couldn't for the life of me get a picture of. Someone always got in the way at the last minute. Dang it, he was cute (I think it was a boy, I am not sure though).
This is where I was playing with some settings on my camera. I like the shot, but the grass is a bit VIVID. The setting I tried does just that, make things look vivid. It also make it look like it is on steroids. I think I'll stick with the default setting on that one!!
Ryan got a really cool shot sequence of this tiger dragging that barrel out of the water and back to it's cave area. It is a beautiful animal.
The sea lions are always fun. This one was looking for a fight. He was barking and charging. The other sea lion really didn't want anything to do with him. It was cool to go underground and watch them swim. The kids liked that the best I think!!

Ryan and I decided this was me and him. I think he is the one on the right since he has a hairier face and ears. I'm the one on the left because it is more petite, if a hippo can be petite!!!

It was a fun day and we had a blast with Ryan's mom and stepdad. Thanks guys for a wonderful day!!!

4 comments:

tonya said...

What beautiful pics. The Portland temple is so beautiful. I am sad that you were not able to go in. The grounds are just the best part so amazing. I am so glad I read your blog tonight.

Coleman Family said...

Wow! What a fantastic camera! Great pics! And how fun to go as a family to the temple you were sealed at. Weird to think of that time before kids...ahhhh, the good ole days! :) That zoo looks fantastic too!

Heather said...

looooooooove that temple. thanks for sharing. :)

Dawn said...

Wow, you guys have agreat zoo close to you! And what a great camera! I might have to put that one on my wishlist! Happy Day anyways!