02 August 2009

Happy Anniversary....early!!


My anniversary isn't for another week (Aug. 7th) but my hubby surprised me early with an AWESOME gift. I think he just got tired of hearing me covet a new camera. We had a trusty Kodak camera, but the battery never stayed charged, the little lens cover that opens when you turn on the camera didn't open on it own anymore. And I just wanted a new camera to play with and to learn how to take better pictures. So after a year or more of listening to why I NEEDED a new camera he decided he had heard enough.

How he surprised me...

I got home from my vacation and almost a week later I went to take a picture of Wyatt and of course my battery in my little camera was dead. Ayden had used it once on the trip and that was it. I was so frustrated, and then Ryan pipes up that he happened to get me a new battery for the camera. I said, Oh thanks, but secretly I was hoping he would have bought me a new battery for a new camera!!! He said "it is under my side of the bed, go and get it". That was a little weird but ok, but he follows me into the bedroom. I hesitate to look under the bed because in my mind I am thinking why would he put a battery under the bed. Well come to find out he hid my new Nikon D60 under the bed. He couldn't wait to give it to me and since I really needed a camera to take pictures of Wyatt he thought what the heck, he'd give it to me early. I was so shocked and excited. I mean I had been secretly hoping I would get it for my birthday or Christmas, but I honestly thought I had to plead my case a little longer before he would consent to the purchase. I am soooo happy that he surprised me and I have been having a blast taking pictures and learning all about this new fandangled camera.

Thanks babe, I love it and I love you!

11 comments:

*Katie May* said...

How awesome!!

Odd Family said...

YAY! You will have to fill me in on the one you got bc I totally want one! It might take me a year to convince Aaron too.;)Ours still works!darn!

Colton said...

I love new cameras. They are so fun, although it is always a little intimidating at first while you are trying to figure out the new features. Yay!

Dawn said...

Happy early anniversary! And what a great surprise! Good luck figuring it out! LEt's see some good pictures!

Sarah said...

What a great hubby and gift! I am so jealous!

Ashley said...

Oh surprises are the BEST!! And looks like Ryan scored some MAJOR hubby points!!!! I'm loving the new pics already! Happy early Anniversary!

Frasier Family said...

I know it's your 10th anniversary this week, so HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to the two of you. Hope you get some time together to celebrate!

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

You will absolutely love it - I am so excited for you guys (of course, grandma pictures are in order here!!!)! Happy Anniversary! I can't wait to see you! Love you lots!

Angela said...

I hope you have lots of fun! He must really love you!

Heather said...

i can't wait for you to use it on my family pics!!!! :)
so happy you got it!!!

Anonymous said...

well good it will give you something that you might actually fit my whole belly in when you come down next.. haha