27 September 2012

{Clutter}


Clutter, clutter, clutter.  Why does clutter haunt me.  From looking at my desk you might think I haven't cleaned or organized it in weeks.  The truth, just yesterday morning I cleaned it all off.  It is a dumping place for all stray papers, toys, and apparently personal grooming implements.  It is also a breeding ground for paper.  I swear there is a varmint that eats socks from the dryer and a mother paper that is continually popping out baby paper.


There is the cup of water because I am trying to drink what feels like a swimming pool amount each day.  My planner, with days that seem to fill up without my permission.  The piece of paper front right.  Yeah that one with all the red on it.  Those are my notes from being on the phone with the bank.  Someone from who knows what country decided to use my debit card to sign himself up for a porn subscription.  Nice.  I have a stack of bills to be paid and then filed.  I have a stack of photography books that I want to get read.  That seems to be always on the back burner lately.  A box of tissues to wipe snotty noses or to entice a certain four year old that tissues are better than his finger when he needs to get that big booger up his right nostril.  A piece of paper torn out of a Boy's Life magazine with books that Ayden wants to read.  Here is to hoping he finds a book series that entices him to read.  He reads, it is just usually Calvin and Hobbs or Garfield Comic books. Junk mail that has yet to make it to the recycling bin.  I could go on and on.  From the surface it just looks like clutter, but on closer inspection it is the story of my life.  A good, busy, chaotic, and sometimes crazy life but mine nonetheless.  There are days that I wish my house was immaculate but in truth I want my home to feel lived in.  Tidy and clean, yes, but lived in too.  I will continue on in my battle with clutter but every once in a while I'll stop and look at the story it tells about my life.    

3 comments:

Frasier Family said...

Love your stories Aimee...you are so descriptive. I hope that writing a novel is on your bucket list (seriously). :) Next time I think about the clutter on my kitchen counter, I'll just remember that it's the story of my life and try not to worry too much about it.

Emily said...

That is a battle I struggle with too Aimee! Glad you have this blog so I can keep up with what you are doing. Miss you guys!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

I love it...appreciate the mess. I need to do that more often!