11 September 2012

{Learning to Sew}


Now while the boys curbed their need to use power tools and build stuff with the go-carts.  We women do likewise.  Just different tools and different stuff.  It never fails when we are together,we have to make some aprons and this summer was no different.  Meysa had gotten fabric for Christmas (yes I know it is 8 months later) and a pattern to make her very own apron.  She was so excited to get to sew like the big girls.


She did the majority of the cutting and sewing.  She was very proud of herself and I was too.  I remember learning from my mother at about the same age how to sew.  I think she did a better job than I did though.  That is how it should be right?  The next generation better than the last!!


I also sewed some aprons while I was home.  The one I had was on it's last leg.  My mother offered to burn it for me, that was how lovely it was!!  I have four new ones, and I feel like a new woman!!  I tend to wear my apron just about everyday, all day.  Yeah for learning new things and for pretty new aprons!

No comments: