21 September 2012

{Harpers Ferry}

 We went to Harper's Ferry this year again for Labor Day.  Can you call it tradition if you have only done it twice?  I think you can, there is a pattern right?  We were worried that rain might cancel the whole day but we got lucky and it was only overcast.  It was cooler too which was welcomed.  We also came much better prepared than we did last year.  Last year I had read on the website about the river being swift moving and you had to really be careful of swimming in it.  So I didn't bring any swimsuits last year thinking that everyone else probably wasn't going to swim under those conditions.  Well I was wrong.  Everyone else brought suits and were fully prepared to go swimming.  The kids let me know how wrong I was for not bringing them.  Well this year I got the memo and we brought everyone's suits.  As luck would have it, the river was much higher this year and the current much swifter.  I tell ya if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!!  The Dads were there and helped the kiddos swim and everyone made it out of the river safe and sound.      So no worries.  I stayed on the shore watching my little ones hunt for shells and make a shell garden.  I also got to visit with my friends uninterrupted, which was much appreciated.
Again keeping with tradition, after the river we made our way over to the Historic Harper's Ferry to enjoy some delicious ice cream.  A little over priced, but I guess if we do it only once a year we can budget ahead for it right?  The kids thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with friends and Ryan and I did as well.  I like this tradition, I think we will do it again next year!!









1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks so fun!! Love all of L's expressions!!