18 September 2012

{Ft. McHenry - take 2}

Ryan's Dad and Step mom flew in on a Friday.  We visited the White House on Saturday.  The next day was obviously Sunday.  We took Sunday off to attend church and observe the Sabbath.  Even if we had wanted to go anywhere, the weather wouldn't have cooperated.  It rained most of the day Sunday so it was a quiet day to enjoy being with one another.  On Monday though it was back to showing off the landmarks around these parts.  When we were downtown on Saturday we had also stopped by the Museum of American History and Don and Faith were able to see the Star Spangled Banner.  So naturally we would want to show them where that whole story played out.  Bright and early Monday morning we headed up to Baltimore to visit Fort McHenry.  I took some pics this time with my cell phone since I have several other pics from our visit last year.  This time there wasn't any of the living history people out and about the Fort but the kids did a Junior Ranger program that kept them engaged.  I think Don and Faith had fun and enjoyed being there.  Another bonus was the new Free Military passes.  So with one of these neat little things I (and others in my group) can get into ANY National Park for FREE.  I just have to renew it each year.  Pretty cool, so that day it was free for all of us!!  Bonus!  Don also got his Senior Citizen card that is good for the rest of his life.  Sorry Don, you probably didn't want me to tell everyone you are a Senior Citizen!! :)







I just loved the sequence of taking pics of the kids.  Never can I get them all to look at the camera or with all of them smiling.  I guess that is real life though, we aren't all happy all of the time.  So it is just as well that I document it that way too.

No comments: