22 September 2012

{On a Leaf Hunt}


We went on a leaf hunt yesterday.  This month in preschool we are talking about Autumn and what changes happen during that time of the year.  We have done several crafts with leaves, apples, corn and pumpkins.  Since yesterday was such a nice day I thought going on a leaf hunt would be the perfect thing to do.  At first Wyatt wasn't so enthusiastic about it.  But I gave him his bag and I told him we would only walk around the block and he finally relented. 


It didn't take long for him to get into the fun of leaf hunting.  We were hunting for all kinds of leaves.  Small ones, big ones, red ones, yellow ones.  We didn't even get around the block before his bag was full.



Home we came to investigate our findings.  Don't let his face (below) fool you.  He was excited as he went through each leaf and told me the color and if it was big or small or all dried up (yup we picked up several of those too)!



I asked him to pick out his favorite leaf and this is the one he chose.  I think that was my favorite one too!!



Then he found a stick and it became his mustache.  With that the leaf hunt was over and it was time for snacks.



Today is the first official day of Autumn.  There are still tons of leaves in the trees that we will be raking up into piles in no time at all.  We may not be as fond of the leaves when we are done with all the raking, but for now I don't mind the leaves falling.  It is a sure sign that my favorite season is upon us.  Happy Fall y'all!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

K. #1. Stop making us all look so bad.. You are like blog.0.mania #2. I'm thinking Wyatt thought leaf hunting pretty much sucked ;) he looked pretty bored who are you kidding!! I think you had the fun & #3. Just stick with the STICKS!! Lol :)) fun times xoxo

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

Can't wait to spend some time raking leaves with them! Fall is such a great season!