
Towards the end of our time in Idaho, we went up to Couer dA'lene Lake to spend a week with Ryan's Dad and Step-mom. It was HEAVEN. The weather was perfect, the kids had a great time and I got to relax. Nothing better than that! Ryan's dad is a big fisherman so that is what the kids wanted to do first thing when we got to the lake. It was later in the evening so Papa Don just took them fishing off the pier. Ayden and Meysa were the ones that wanted to fish the most, so Lauryn and Wyatt basically just tagged along. They liked being out by the water.







Of course there had to be a competition between Meysa and Ayden as there always is. Who could catch the most fish? Meysa won on this day. It made Ayden even more determined to catch as many fish as he could. Papa Don took them out two mornings early and I think after all was said and done Meysa still won by one fish. Ayden took defeat graciously, which is new for him. He usually loses it when he gets beat by a girl.

To his credit he would go out in the evenings by himself off the dock and fish. He was able to bring his count a little closer to Meysa's that way. They loved fishing and more importantly they loved spending time with Papa Don.

This was my view each night, looking out onto the lake. I tell ya it does wonders for the soul to be in such a beautiful place.



1 comment:
Now THIS is something I can identify with! We usually play first, most, biggest on every fishing trip. Although if it is a multi-day excursion, we usually restart the count each day. You wouldn't want one off day to throw you completely out of the running.
In other news, I desperately want to move to Couer D'Alene. It looks so spectacular, I can't figure out why everyone doesn't live there.
Post a Comment