
When we got to Mt St Helens, we were not allowed to bring food into the observatory so we ate some lunch in the car before going in. There were chipmunks there that have obviously been fed before. They came right up to the kids begging for food. We had stray goldfish that had landed on the floor of the van(courtesy of Miss Lauryn) so Ayden and Meysa got to feed them those. Only after when we were leaving the second observatory did we see a sign asking people not to feed the animals (there is actually a $250 fine). OOPS!!!

This chipmunk came back and back and back for more!

Here he is running away with his latest find(bottom left corner).

Meysa and Ayden were both very calm and still as the chipmunk came to get more loot!

OK, that's enough food. Notice how the cheeks are wider than the body!!!
3 comments:
That is toooo cute. I cant believe that your kids sat that still!!! And that the chipmunk came that close! That is soooo cute.
Looks like his cheeks are going to burst! How cute and fun for the kids
I have a funny and kinda morbid story. When we lived at Clints Well these crazy chipmunks used to break into the tack shed and eat all the grain for the horses. My dad told me and Colton to get rid of them but we didn't have any bb guns or anything. So we made these mideival style sticks with 6 inch nails sticking through them. We would hold really still right in front of the grain sack and when the came up to eat... well... I'll let you use your imagination for the rest. I thought word spread and chipmunks around the globe would never again trust innocent looking mini people known as children. But I'm apparently wrong.
Post a Comment