I can't say that Ryan and I go on dates consistently. Our life schedule just doesn't allow for it. But when we do man, we have a lot of fun. When we went over to Idaho this last weekend for Ayden's baptism we got to go to my family's Elder's Quorum activity. Which was a BBQ and shotgun shooting. I know a great combo!! I have shot a .22 before but I had never shot a shotgun. It was FUN!! We waited until the majority of the people had already shot and were eating before we took our turn. I didn't want a ton of people watching me as I missed clay after clay. Plus you just feel like you are on stage or something with all those people watching you. Anywho, Ryan, Abby (my niece) and I took our turn. A nice guy from the ward named Bob helped us get set up with the right gun and gave Abby and I some pointers then we were ready to start!!

I missed my first shot and my Dad was behind me giving me grief about it. He then walks away and I hit my next two clays. I turn around and he is no where to be seen. When he does show up he says since he didn't see it, they don't count. Hence the pose in this picture. I was giving him the what for!!! I ended up shooting 3 out of 4 and thought I would quit while I was ahead. It was so much fun, especially when you actually hit the clay. Imagine that!!!
Up next was Abby!! She is so much fun. She was a little trigger happy with the gun at first and then once she settled down she hit a few clays herself!! It was beginners luck for the both of us!!
It wasn't your usual date night but it was a lot of fun!! Thanks babe for a fun night!!

4 comments:
awesome...... that is my dream date night!!;)
you look way cute though!
What a hoot! I would LOVE to go shooting! Pistol, rifle, sharpshooter...I'm game! Is there such thing as a sharpshooter or is that the person doing the shooting? Can you tell I didn't grow up with guns? :)
Now you just need to learn to shoot a handgun. I like those much more.
Fun, but who's house were you shooting towards??
Post a Comment