15 September 2009

Fashion vs. Function

Meysa has been loving kindergarten. She wishes she could go all day like Ayden and honestly so do I. Not because I don't want her home but because she really is wanting and could do more than just 2.5 hrs. everyday. Today after picking her up I asked her how her day was. She said fine, told me what they did for the color yellow and what story they read. Then she told me they learned more about Function vs. fashion belts. I kinda chuckled to myself and asked her what she meant. She said they learned that a function belt held up your pants and a fashion belt made you look good. I about busted a gut!! I then asked her why she was learning about belts in school and she said she didn't know. It just reminds me of her first day of preschool last year. When I asked her what she learned that day she told me they learned about savages (like the Native American type). I know there has to be some purpose to the function/fashion theme, but to be honest I am really wondering what it could be!! Oh this girl keeps life interesting!!

4 comments:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

he,he,he :D I can't stop giggling. So inquiring minds want to know -which does Meysa want? Too funny!

Heather said...

lllaaaaOVE her.

*Katie May* said...

ha ha ha that great!

Dawn said...

Oh come on, we all know that's a very important thing to know, the sooner the better. I think for Meg it was playing in the dressups that were too big for her at the time. They were fashionable, just not functionable!