22 October 2007
Christmas is in the bag!
Well Friday night Ryan and I got to go on a impromptu date. The kids ended up having a primary activity from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. I don't know if the primary realized that they gave many parents free babysitting for date night, but we were grateful. We did have Lauryn with us, but she is still manageable. Anyways we decided that since we didn't have the older kids we would go to ToysRus and look for Christmas. The store had hardly anyone in it, which was nice and we had two hours to shop. We found everything we needed for Santa, so now we have extended family to buy for and we are done!!! We are also starting a new tradition in our family this year. We are drawing names and MAKING whoevers name we got a gift. I did this as a kid and I really learned about thinking about someone and what they would really like and then making something for them and enjoying their happiness. So we are going to try that this year. We will see if the kids liked it as much as I did. Thanks for all the ideas, I hope you all have success at shopping for Christmas too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
you know you are having a romantic evening when it is spent at toys'r us! and you look at as a date when you have less than five children with you! Aaron and i were rememsing the other day when we were first married and would stay up until mid-night on a sunday so we could go to wendy's and it was techincally no longer sunday and then sleep in late! oh how things have changed! but i am glad that you got your christmas shopping done! I wish mine was. And finally where did your background come from it is really cute!
I downloaded the paper from shabbyprincess.com.
Your page is really really cute. I'm pretty sure that Ayden looks just like you. I was thinking about you the other day and I realized that residency is probably really time consuming like Caleb's flight school is. Do you feel like you're a single mom too sometimes?
Love your new page! It's so cute! And it does sound like a very romantic date! But yay for being done with that. That's awesome! I got mine started this weekend with some purchases at a discovery toys party, but I'm nowhere near being done when it comes to extended family...and they're the hardest to buy for. Ugh!
Man am I jealous! You have your Christmas practically done...and you got a date night. It's been awhile since we've had one (a new baby does that I guess).
Wow. You are a serious boy scout. Right now I am thinking "Oh crap, what am I going to do for Halloween! And Thanksgiving is in a month, I have to plan a trip to Round Valley!" I haven't even glanced at Christmas. You're like "Let's see, what do I want to get for Valentine's Day..."
Feels good eh! :)
Post a Comment