18 October 2007

What to get for Christmas!!

So am I the only one that is already thinking of what to get my kids for Christmas? Ryan and I are already writing down our wish lists to give to family and such, mainly because they are already asking for them. Yes, I know that it isn't even Halloween yet and that we still have to celebrate Thanksgiving a month before we get to Christmas, but I can't help it. Maybe it is because I found the Polar Express book at the Library and checked it out and my kids started watching the movie at home(they have watched it at least 2 or 3 times in the last week and a half). Maybe it is because Meysa's birthday is a month before Christmas and so we have to come up with two really cool things to give her, one for her birthday and the other for Christmas. I like to have my shopping done before the crazy frenzy of December rolls around. Anyways, what cool ideas do you guys out there in the blogging world have for Christmas this year?

11 comments:

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

I'm not a very good one to ask, my poor kids get all the great "Salvation Army" finds. :) I love to get all the shopping done early too. Have fun shopping! By the way I love your blog and give Ryan a pat on the back for me...I hear he is doing an awesome job!!

Dawn said...

I thought I was the only crazy christmas shopper. I have to admit, I actually shop year-round for gifts, and shove them into my attic. That way I always have a gift on hand. This year, I have it very easy and anything Lightning McQueen goes for both boys and anything of the latest barbie goes for Megan. Thank goodness for costco and their assortments of barbie clothes. But a special bonus this year, we are headed to Disney Land the first weekend of December. SShhh! It's a total surprise to them. We are just going to have them pack their bags and play 20 questions as we travel west. They think McKenna is too small to take there. She probably is, but I have ALWAYS wanted to check out the great Christmas Decorations at the happiest place on earth!! Good luck with the shopping and keep a running talley, so you don't get crazy buying! :) Dawn

Dawn said...

Just wait until you get the chance to ride the Polar Express someday. We got to do it last year. Makes Santa sooo real!

Becky T said...

No, you're not the only one thinking about it. I think it's already on my mind since I'm wondering how to get it all done with two kids in tow, and now one of them is old enough to catch on to stuff, so I'm definitely going to need to get it done early and by myself. I don't have any great ideas. I think we'll be having a Thomas the Train sort of Christmas since Tyler is way into that right now. And for me & Garrett, we just want a Wii! :) Have fun shopping!

Becky T said...

Oh yeah, I totally love your new template. It's totally cute!

Bella said...

I LOVE the day after thanksgiving sales!! That is when I do all the kids shopping. Don't know what in the world I'm getting the kids though! Good luck with that one.

Anonymous said...

that's so funny cause I have been just the opposite! Maybe it's because we have so much traveling and stuff going on before Christmas, but I havent even thought about it! And I have 2 kids with birthdays right before Christmas, I better get on the ball. Definatly let us know if you find somthing cute, cause I dont know what to get either! good luck!

Alison said...

Seriously, I have not been on the computer forever! So much is going on. I laughed when I saw the count down to Nursery. Is it okay that I am counting down already? Lucky for me, we don't have very many kids and they are already asking me if Jack wants to come (just for fun and to add numbers and I think they think he is older than he is). I laughed and said I might take them up on it in 6 months.

Oh, Christmas! Jeff and I were just talking tonight about telling our families what we want. Since they asked. Unfortunetly, out wants are too big for Christmas. You know, a house, a mini-van or SUV, paid student loans, ect.

It was fun catching up on your fam.

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I had this conversation with Ben just the other day! I hate getting stressed out about gifts, and then just end up buying stuff just to buy it. I usually find inspiration in Costco! Not only for others, but what to add to my list as well.

Alan & Ty said...

Books, books and more books. And then some books. Its simply the only way to go :) With books.

Love ya,

Alan

musson said...

Aimee! We miss you here in Des Moines! It looks like you're doing great in Washington.
Yes, I gave in to peer pressure and am a blogger now, but I'm loving it. It's so great to be able to see what friends and family are up to. I'm afraid I'll be checking your blog frequently. :)
Oh, we are early Christmas shoppers too. Every year (and by every year I mean the whole 2 years) we've asked everyone what is on their wish list, and they're always suprised how early we're asking, BUT you can't help when sales go on. We also like to have everything done before Thanksgiving. It gets too crazy after then.