
Don't you just love 'em?!! You know the kind, the ones that come while you are eating dinner or in the middle of changing a diaper and want your undivided attention to sell you some amazing new invention. Well I had a doosy the other night. Ryan was on call and I was getting the kids to bed. It was 8 o'clock at night, 8 o'clock, and he knocks on the door. His name is George and he is selling the ultimate cleaning solution (aren't they always) that would basically clean my whole house for me!! He showed me how it would work on my windows, carpet and even the metal on the threshold of my door. He even tasted the stuff to show how non-toxic it really was!! Well I wasn't going to buy the product that night but I was interested, so I asked him if I could go to the website that was on the pamphlet he gave me and he said I could only go there to re-order and that he worked on commission. I said I would have to talk to my husband (Ryan and I are trying very hard to stay on a budget and this was not a discussed purchase). Now comes the good part, he FREAKS. He says "Do you have to ask your husband to buy Tilex?!! Why would you have to ask about this?" I said that it isn't in our budget, but that I am impressed with the product. He says, "NO you are not, no you're not. (as he is whipping out his sales booklet with all the sales he had made) "these people are impressed, these people actually bought the stuff, you are not impressed so don't tell me you are!" My jaw hits the floor because I am so flabbergasted at this guy's nerve. So I try to recover and tell him that I appreciate his time, and he tells me " don't give me that, if you appreciated my time, you would have bought something. I don't want to hear you appreciate my time." As he is saying this he is packing up his bag of stuff and rips the pamphlet out of my hand, he isn't even going to let me have the info on the product. So I fire back, "just because you come to my home and show me something, you assume that I am automatically going to buy the stuff, don't be mad at me just because I don't buy anything. " He tells me that he isn't mad at me and that instead I am judging him. I had nothing to say in return, what could I say? I was so floored by this guy. So I said the only thing left to say which was "Have a GREAT evening!" and slammed the door. It is pouring down rain and unfortunately I didn't feel bad about this guy having to walk back to his car in it. Now I am tempted to put a "No Soliciting" sign on my door. So long story short, just beware of door to door salesmen, they aren't always as they appear, they just might be psycho!!!
10 comments:
Holy Crow! I can't believe the nerve of that guy. I don't rightly think that he fully understood who he was messing with. You were quite charitable to allow him to leave with his skin. Maybe you are getting soft in your old age :)
Anyways, we would love to have you come and visit, even though it is a bit of a drive. Maybe by then Kenya would have had her puppies and your kids could just go crazy!
Love ya sis
FUNNY!!!! I wish I was there. Now you know I would have done something crazy to him! Like with the gym sales guy asked me, "Well doesn't your husband want you to be healthy?" That was the last straw. I totally understand your pain. Well if you only knew what I did to the gym sales guy. Not for holy ears.
okay Aimee that's just a straight up BIZARRE experience! I mean it's one for the books! What nerve!
All I can say is "wow"...that is insane!
Ya... I don't even open the door anymore if I don't know the person. You really never know who you are dealing with... or if they are even really a salesman. I know I am a little on the scaredy cat side , ya never know though.I had a guy trying to sell fruit to me and he pulls out this knife to cut me a slice, I slammed the door in his face. I really don't think he was a "bad guy" but it freaked me out! :) Too many Oprah stories...
I'm speechless. The nerve. Maybe he's tasted too much of that stuff, non-toxic, eh? I'm not sure about that!
Hahah! Okay I don't mean to laugh! But honestly, some people scare me! you did much better than I would, I know I would be seething but I don't think I would have the nerve to say anything!
um, pyscho is right!! I was nervous he was going to start throwing things at you. Too bad there's not a manager number you could call or something. I'm glad you told him off and slammed the door! He's crazy.
I would have reported the guy to where he works. Punk. I have a hand made no soliciting paper on my door works pretty good. Still get those people who say 'I am not trying to sell anything' and then goes on to try to sell me something. HELLO? Anyway I don't even get advertisment papers left at my door or anything. I see my neighbos have the papers all over their doors. Very nice!
Why the HECK did you even let him into your house??? Especially with Ryan gone?? That's crazy. I'd hate to think what could've happened to you or your little ones. I would definitely get a no solicitors sign and a security door...
Post a Comment