
One of my favorite apostles is President Henry B. Eyring. He just has a way of speaking that makes me feel like I can do what is right no matter what. I really enjoyed his talk Sunday morning, about remembering what the Lord has done for you in your life. I thought his idea of spending a few minutes everyday thinking about what blessings you have had that day was what I needed to hear.
Elder Quintin L. Cook is the newly called and sustained apostle in the quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I don't know much about him, but I know that we will come to love him as we have all of our other leaders. You can feel of his love for the gospel and of the Lord when he speaks and bears his testimony.I have been spiritually uplifted the past two days and have really benefited from the council given in General Conference. What a blessing the gospel is in my life and in the lives of my children. I had an experience last night with Ayden that reaffirmed that the Lord does answer our prayers and is mindful of even the little things in our lives.
Ayden has been terrified of fires the last few weeks. He had a fire drill at school and then the next day I set off the smoke detectors while I was cooking. It was at night and Ayden was either not asleep yet or was woken up from sleep by the shrill beeping of the smoke detector. Needless to say he was scared to go to sleep that night and every night since, because he thought a fire in our house was emanate. Nothing Ryan or I said to try to convince him otherwise worked. Each night it was a struggle to get him to want to fall asleep and a lot of tears have been shed. I was at my wits end as to what I could do to help him, I had been praying for help and the help came a few nights ago. A thought came to me, search the scriptures. The scripture that I found was found in John 14:27. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Ayden and I talked about how the spirit can bring us peace and how if we pray we can ask Heavenly Father to bless us with it. Well this morning Ayden told me " Mom, you know that scripture we read last night. It made my heart happy and I fell right to sleep." Simple faith, and prayers are answered. I am grateful that Heavenly Father is mindful of even the smallest things, such as a little boy who was scared to go to sleep.
7 comments:
Aimee- I love looking at your blog and being able to semi keep up on your family, Your family is so dang cute!!!
Love your cuz,
Jenn
Pres. Eyring is my favorite too!! I feel he's always talking straight to me, and I get all choked up when he does...I'm so sad conference is over!!
That fire story got me a little teary-eyed. How sweet. You are a cute mom. Ayden is such a little stud in that wedding picture, too. I have to say, I loved the funny story to the side--the Sports Center story. I showed it to Dave. He is so excited for Evan to grow up a little and say those same words. I think he even got a little misty-eyed at the thought :)
Karin
Aimee-
Can I just cut and paste your thoughts on conference onto my blog? J/K. I felt the same way! It was great! I love the story and your scripture for Ayden. Then, can I just say LOL to Meysa's temple story. Jeff and I thought that was hiliarious!
Wow thats a great stroy and perfect scripture. Poor kid at the same time it is so hard for them to understand sometimes
Aimee,
Ditto on Conference! I loved every minute of it and it was two days of spiritual uplift and peace. I feel energized and ready to tackle the CRAZy week! YOur the best mom keep it up! Meg loved Ayden's note she will respond this week!
sorry that was me I forgot which blog I was signed in...opps!
Post a Comment