02 October 2009

Cider Time

Yesterday we had no school for the kiddos so our ward playgroup planned a little outing to a local cider farm. It happened to be a wonderful day, a little chilly but at least the sun was making an appearance. Besides a cider mill they have animals for petting and feeding and pumpkins for later in the month. They also sell homemade pies, their cider, homemade donuts and breads, plus some more stuff too. The kids loved getting out and looking at the animals. It was like they had never seen a chicken before, even though they have. I love a child's excitement for the little things. Meysa's favorite was a little baby goat. She kept going back to it and swooning over it. We splurged and got fresh homemade donuts and let the kids run wild for a few hours. It was a good day had by all.
I really think I want this sign for my front door. It would apply to our home 97% of the time. The other 3% is when we are asleep.
They have these coin operated horses that of course my girls loved riding on. They were out of order but that didn't stop them from racing in the Kentucky Derby. I have a post to do about some real rocking horses that they found. There are too many pictures so it needs a post all it's own.
Down at the end of the property there are a few little toys for the kids to play on. Ayden was overjoyed to see the tether ball. He has gotten into playing this at school I guess and so he was giving his friend a lesson on the ins and outs of the game. His cast works pretty well for him when he wants to serve!!
After about 30 pictures trying to get all of the kids to look at the camera we kinda had some success. I wish Ayden wasn't cut off like he is but oh well. They are looking at the camera and mostly smiling!! It was a good Friday!

4 comments:

Katie said...

i love the last picture.

RR said...

Aimee..I love your camera.
Or maybe it's just your picture skills.

Dawn said...

That looks like so much fun! I am so mad this year at our area pumpkin patches. They are charging an arm and a leg for 2 year olds to get it. It might determine whether we go to a patch at all and that makes me sad! It might just be walmart for us this year :(

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Love the pictures! That would be a great way to get into Fall!