21 October 2009

{The Piano Man}

I have wanted a piano for several years now. I am not an accomplished pianist or anything. I did take lessons as a kid and I can play a few songs. I like to pick at songs from time to time and I would love my kids to learn to play. I wanted an older piano, not a keyboard and preferably an upright piano. I like the look of them, they remind me of days gone by. Also an older piano won't mind a few kids banging on the keys or bumping into it on occasion. Ryan cringed at my desire because he would be the guy moving the old piano and the older pianos weigh a ton!! Thankfully for him and me, my sister was getting rid of her piano. While it is older it doesn't weigh a ton (not a full upright so it is only half of a ton) and it is going to be perfect for our little family of heathens!! It needs a tune up, some keys need fixed and I am going to refinish it but I love it!! The kids have been plunking on the keys everyday and Ayden has even learned his first song. Wyatt though has been so adorable on it. I will sit him on the bench and usually he will sit and play, not even really banging but just plunking the keys. He will do this for a while before he starts howling for me to get him off the bench. Yesterday afternoon was one such day. The late afternoon sun was beaming in our back sliding door and he was picking at the keys. His little fingers were so cute as he played. Of course he had to climb on it first like a little monkey then he could get down to the business of playing.



Thanks sis for passing it onto us. We love it!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

can we come over to your house for lessons!!! :)

Debbi said...

I'm totally jealous, I was hoping with this move that we would fnd a house big enough that I could finally get a piano, but unless we get rid of the tv (which somedays I am soo tempted) we have no room in this house. I really want Gage to start lessons next year so I might have to settle for one of those smaller electronic ones. We'll see.

If you are serious about the pictures - because I am, will you email me? Wade starts call monday but we could meet you at tolmie park, that isn't too far and sometimes call isn't too bad. my email is wadeanddebbi@gmail.com

Coleman Family said...

That's so great you got your piano! Definitely paint it - I love to paint!!! I think every house should have a piano, even if you can't play! ;) I love to hear the kids playing around with ours, someday I'd like them to take lessons like me. Except I'd hope they stick to playing, UNLIKE me...

*Katie May* said...

what cute pics. How fun to have a piano! I am sure you'll enjoy it.

Megane said...

Congrats on the piano! I always wanted one too, then the Treece's decided to get rid of theirs..for free, so we took it,$100 to move it though, same as yours all banged up so now I don't have to worry about kids making a mess of it!
I love all your photos especially the family ones!

Teresa / Andy said...

So happy you got it!!! Aunt Barb called awhile back to tell us Amber was trying to find a new home for it and wondered if we wanted it, and I wondered why it wasn't a default answer to give it to you! yay :)

You are seriously skilled with that camera of yours, and you and your family are sooooo photogenic! Loving all the narrated pictures.

Miss you!

The Grandy's said...

Ooh, ooh. Do it red. I wished I had redone my piano in red.