12 October 2009

STAR WARS & Toby

If you LOVED anything Star Wars what would you look like if you just found out you were about to meet some "REAL" live Star Wars characters? Yup, I thought so!! This is Ayden when he figured out why we drove up to Bellevue on Saturday morning and then stood in line (amazingly not very long) outside of Pottery Barn. There were these little boys behind us all dressed up like Obiwan and Yoda and there was even a little, little boy dressed up as Chewbaca (so dang cute I might add). They all had their light sabers, which we forgot to have Ayden bring, but he was wearing his Star Wars Lego shirt.
Meeting the guys-and gal-for the first time. I was hoping for Darth Vader or C3PO but Ayden was excited to see the Clone Trooper. I guess they were suppose to have some other people but they didn't show!!

The Pottery Barn lady asked Ayden if he wanted the people to sign his cast and he said sure. So they hunted down a marker and he got his cast signed. The clone trooper sadly declined because he couldn't even see his own gun, let alone write on someone else. Ayden was pretty stoked. He then proceeded to find everything Star Wars in the store that he wanted. Which is why I am sure they do this sort of thing. But unfortunately for him there was no Pottery Barn purchases made.


The day was made even more special because Grandma Margaret had come up for the weekend to take Ayden on a date. With Grandma along you never know what she has up her sleeve. Well Wyatt had come with us on our surprise trip and she thought it was time for him to have his first build a bear experience. We picked out a little dog for him and we named him Toby!! Wyatt was so cute as he picked out a heart and then put it inside Toby. He of course wanted the heart back but was happy when he got to love on Toby for the first time. He has been sleeping with him the last few nights and this morning I found him all snuggled up on top of him sleeping. I guess a dog is a boy's best friend. Thanks Grandma Margaret, he loves it!!



2 comments:

*Katie May* said...

I bet he loved that! I need to get my kids some build a bears

Heather said...

maybe next year right?!?!?! ;)