18 October 2009

{Playing in the Rain}

My sister and her husband came over this weekend to go clam digging. We went over to Ocean Shores and unfortunately we were unable to find any clams whatsoever. Except for what we "caught" at a fish market on the way home. We still had fun but got rained on pretty hard. On Saturday we were going to try and get some couple shots of my sister and her husband since it had been a while since they had had any done and I am always up for guinea pigs to practice on. I checked the weather in the morning and it said 10am was the only time where the percentage of rain was less than 20%. So we booked a move over to Tolmie State Park to snap pictures. When we got there it was a slight drizzle, more like a mist actually. The longer we were there, the more the rain picked up and we had to eventually retreat to under the eaves of the little lodge there. And wouldn't you know it, later in the afternoon there was no rain, and blue skies. I had the best luck this weekend with trying to plan things. Oh well I guess, here are some of the pictures that we were able to get before the rain poured down. Thanks Amber and Jeff for letting me practice on you and dragging you all over in the rain!!




7 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Great pics!! Love the colors!

Heather said...

great work!!! ummmm love the one on the bridge. i guess nate & i need to go back!!! :)

Heidi said...

Love these too! Can't wait to see them in a month either...although I am headed straight for that baby first! lol

Jenn said...

I love the one of them on the bridge but they all look great!!!

Coleman Family said...

Good job! Love the last one especially - you're getting so good!

Debbi said...

Your pictures are great - do you want to take ours? We were at Ocean Shores too, last time, in Feb, we maxed out there in 15 min! Oh well, it was something to do and we had fun.

When I read your post to Wade he felt a lot better that we came home empty handed too, we had to leave a little before low tide to get home for a baptism so he was wondering if we had just missed them all because of the tides.


My parents say that spring time is better clamming season.

Dawn said...

These pics look great! Neither of them have really aged since I last saw them in what? 1991? That's so sad! Maybe I"ve seen Amber since then, but not Jeff...