30 October 2009

{Pumpkin Time}

It is pumpkin time again at the our house. I have yet to put up one Halloween decoration and tomorrow is the big day. I don't know why I haven't, I just haven't felt like it. A couple of weeks ago we were driving into our neighborhood and Meysa says to me, "Mom those people are decorating for Halloween really early." It was the middle of October. I had to laugh and tell her that they weren't early, we were LATE!! At least we did pumpkins and they are sitting on our front porch. We hit up Wally-world again for our pumpkins this year. I can't stand to pay $10 for a pumpkin that will rot in 3 days on my front porch. The kids don't care where they come from, they are just glad that they get one. Ryan was our carver while I was the gut scrapper outer/photographer!! The kids had a great time and they love lighting the tea lights each night.






I know this picture is kinda blurry but I had to post it. I love how each kid is doing their own thing. Meysa especially!! Again I could put up the sequence of her posing for each picture. The girl just doesn't stop!!

7 comments:

Frasier Family said...

I love Wyatt's pose in the picture with all the kids! What a little ham. Happy Halloween!

Odd Family said...

Cute cute cute!!!:)

Cook Family said...

Oh Aimee! I love that I am not the only one who did hardly anything by way of decorating this year. I don't know what happened and now it is Halloween. Oh well I hope you guys have fun tonight. Happy Halloween!

Heather said...

i guess i get a big fat boo this year cause i didn't buy one pumpkin to carve!!! next year for sure!!
excellent job!!! thanks for a fun night!!! :)

RR said...

Your children's carving skills are way beyond their years!

Coleman Family said...

At least you got pumpkins and carved them, good job! Thanks again for last night, it was really fun!

Dawn said...

What a great picture of them all standing in front of their pumpkins! I have to admit, we waited on the pumpkins, and there weren't any more! What a bad mom!!Truth be told, I had to wait for Tom to lift a pumpkin because I don't have any core stregnth (thanks Macy) so naturally waiting for a man to do anything, it didn't get done. But the kids didn't seem to be too bummed...