On Saturday night Ryan took the girls to a Daddy/Daughter dance. One of the local High Schools does it every year for a fund raiser. Meysa had brought home the flyer weeks ago from school and was so excited and really wanted to go with Ryan. So I told Ryan that he needed to ask Meysa "out". Well a week ago, right before bed he asks Meysa what she is doing next Saturday and Meysa was like, "why?", "What did I do?". Ryan said asking a girl out these days is no easier than it was 12 years ago when he was asking me out for our first dance!! Poor guy!! Finally she understood what he was asking and the date was set. Of course Lauryn was included in the date because she would have been devastated if she hadn't of gotten to go. I thought it would be cute to have corsages and boutiniers, which it was but at a pretty steep price!! I guess when memories are made like this sometimes the cost isn't a factor!!
We of course had to have dance pictures!! They could have gotten them there but I think these turned out just fine!!
Lauryn's little arms were too small for the wrist band, even though we cinched it up. She loved the flowers I tell ya, all the girls did!!
Marlee and her dad, Nate went along with Ryan and the girls. It was fun to see how excited these little girls were to get to go out with their Dads. When they got home they talked non-stop about what music they listened to, what they ate and drank. They had a wonderful time and I think Ryan and Nate had fun in spite of themselves. Lauryn got tired though and fell asleep there at the end. All in all I think it was a great success, especially because Meysa and Marlee can't stop telling everyone about going to the dance with their Dads.
Once all the girls had on their corsages, they instantly put their hands together and with loud commanding voices said...."Cutie powers unite!!" Ryan about fell over and I about peed my pants laughing so hard. Each and every day Ryan becomes more scared for the teenage years with his two adorable little girls!!
P.S. Wyatt really wanted to go, but I think he would have stuck out like a sore thumb with this get up!!
5 comments:
How sweet and fun!
priceless....
That is so precious. Funny how much Wyatt looks a lot like the girls with that long hair getup!
Those pictures are adorable! What a great little memory for the girls. I remember my dad taking me to a stake New Year's Eve dance when I was 11 and how special I felt. I will always remember dancing with him and how he made Jeff dance with me too. I still have the pictures we took that night. Good times.
Oh how cute! Matt still thinks Meysa is the cutest little girl he's even known (after his own daughters of course). Lauryn's a doll too. What fun memories.
Post a Comment